Are You A Loyal Customer?

With the endless amount of options when it comes to shopping, it is becoming increasingly more difficult for businesses to attract and retain loyal customers. The purpose of customer loyalty programs is to provide you an incentive to continue shopping at a store. You are not going to wake up one morning and say to yourself, “From now on I will only buy my coffee at Starbucks and nowhere else”, and not have a reason for it. This is why many stores are now adopting customer loyalty programs, to reward their reoccurring customer’s special discounts, coupons as well as store credit- with the hope that they will form long lasting relationships with you.

Loyalty programs not only benefit customers by providing you special promotions and deals but they also provide many benefits to the companies as well. Loyalty programs help:

·         Retain customers

·         Increase frequency of referrals

·         Increase sales and profits

·         Enhance customer relationships

·         Acquire new customers
 
When you sign up with a loyalty program, it can easily sway your decision in purchasing specific stores products in order to receive the benefits, promotions or deals to be used at their stores.

Overall, customer loyalty programs are created by retailers and companies to satisfy their reoccurring customers as well as attract new customers to their stores.

THOUGHTS: Do you think customer loyalty programs are useful? If you were part of a store’s loyalty program would it make you shop at that specific store more frequently?
 
Do you have any thoughts, questions, concerns? Leave me a comment and we can continue the discussion.

1 comment:

  1. I believe that customer loyalty cards are useful to customers such as myself. I personally find myself using a different card each week and I carry around at least 4 different reward cards in my wallet. I like to shop at certain stores such as shoppers drugmart and their shoppers optimum card is really useful as it gives me free money to spend again in their store.

    ReplyDelete